Site Rating
[event] Happy Memorial Day!

Forum Index Open Chatbox Achievements Member List Search Tur

Ingrid Toutain

You do not need to wait for your profile to be approved in order to roleplay! Being approved simply means that the staff see nothing wrong with the profile. Please report your profile if you ever make any major changes so a staff member may review it.

Ingrid Toutain
 • Information Broker

Level 2
Race
Northern Elf
Sex
Female
Alignment
C/N
Religion
Elder Gods
Tidetouched 
 Unmarked

• Info: Character Profile
 • Player: Marjorie

Ingrid Toutain

» by Ingrid Toutain » 18th Apr 2018, 10:50 pm

Ingrid Toutain
a player character created by Marjorie

~*~Beginings~*~
My song, the song of catkin, shoot, and leaf, before their blood, and the sun rising threw limb and branch, to warm the wood, and draw the hidden sap below the bark.
~*~Domain~*~
Who is the chalk sign and the absence of a name? Who remembers the way and holds the door with either hand? Whose song is threshold, portal, Inworld earthlight, and the word of welcome?

• Character Information •  
Name: – Ingrid Toutain
Race: – Northern Elf
Alignment: – CN
Deity: – Elder Gods; Occula, Azrul of Secrets – chiefly; Varaparav, Asaar of change; Itheris of Asaar of Knowledge; Alixa, Asaar of luck and Cunning

~*~Skill~*~
From the perilous mound, I rise renewed as Lord of Talents, First Reviler, Master of Revels, Splendor at noon, golden, youthful, seven sights in my eye bright.

~*~Arrival~*~
Roth, Jaganshye, Taneth, Anoren. Behind us citadel’s surety, bright foam upon dark sea, familiar names and a good death at the end of days. Before us earth-home, green sword, and short-lived victories, salted ravens ,and radiant retreat into good earth, into Gods, into fastness od stone and tree and shadow.

• Character Lifestyle •  
Place of Birth: – Hellisdalr, Hintervale, Borys
Current Residence: – Sunderfell, Borys
Affiliations: – Borys, Sauria

Primary Profession: – information broker
Secondary Profession: – spy/thief

~*~Journies~*~
Away, come away! The great wheel is turning, the wind is awakened, the day is for walking on secret lanes known to our golden eyes alone. Night falls, moon calls, our old hearts leap with love of the road. Come away!

~*~Fate~*~
Above the heads they are weaving. Soft voices across the warp and weft, careful spinners, spindle maids, little sisters, Andai. Draw out your skein for me.

• Character Skills & Abilities •  
Areas of Expertise:
    Languages -
    Common ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄
    Elven (High) ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄❄
    Elven (wood, Rugnos) ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄❄❄
    Elven (Saurian dialect) ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄❄
    Elven (Borysian dialect) ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄
    Rugnosanti ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄
    Borysian ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄
    Kalimasj ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄❄❄
    Saurian ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄
    Uk’uran (basic, no tribal dialects) ❄❄ ❄❄❄❄
    Drow ❄❄ ❄❄❄❄
    Literacy - Common
    Common ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄
    Elven (High) ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄❄❄
    Elven (wood, Rugnos) ❄ ❄ ❄❄❄❄
    Elven (Saurian dialect) ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄❄❄
    Elven (Borysian dialect) ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄
    Rugnosanti ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄❄
    Borysian ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄
    Kalimasj ❄❄❄❄❄❄
    Saurian ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄ ❄
    Uk’uran (basic, no tribal dialects) ❄❄❄❄❄❄
    Drow ❄❄❄❄❄❄
    Deception -
    Sleight of hand ❄❄❄❄❄❄
    Charm ❄❄❄❄❄❄
    Lying/making up stories on the fly ❄❄❄❄❄❄
    Seduction ❄❄❄❄❄❄
    Move Silently ❄❄❄❄❄❄
    Patience ❄❄❄❄❄❄
    Blending in ❄❄❄❄❄❄
    Martial -
    Dagger ❄❄❄❄❄❄
    Throwing Knives ❄❄❄❄❄❄
    Hand cross bow ❄❄❄❄❄❄
    Short sword ❄❄❄❄❄❄
    Darts ❄❄❄❄❄❄
    Quarter staff ❄❄❄❄❄❄
    Hand to hand ❄❄❄❄❄❄
    Armor ❄❄❄❄❄❄
    Shields ❄❄❄❄❄❄
    Horsemanship ❄❄❄❄❄❄
    Wilderness -
    Map reading ❄❄❄❄❄❄
    Navigation via stars ❄❄❄❄❄❄
    Navigation via land marks ❄❄❄❄❄
    Foraging ❄❄❄❄❄❄
    Hunting ❄❄❄❄❄❄
    Domestic -
    Sewing ❄❄❄❄❄❄
    Cooking ❄❄❄❄❄❄
    Housekeeping ❄❄❄❄❄
    Fishing ❄❄❄❄❄❄
    Other -
    Solving Puzzles and Riddles ❄❄❄❄❄❄
    Lock picking ❄❄❄❄❄❄
    Trap finding/dismantling ❄❄❄❄❄❄
    Poisons (how to make, used, and identify them) ❄❄❄❄❄❄
[/list]
Tidetouched?Yes.

~*~Exchange~*~
At the center of the hollow earth we weave the words together by promise, by bargain, by bond, by words spoken over stone. We are all the joy at the handshake of all good neighbors.

~*~Motion~*~
Your hair, your clothes, the horse’s mane and tail, all blow madly about in seemingly random gusts. And yet, even when blinded by the wind, the horse knows where she is going. If you trust her, you will come to your right destination.

• Magic •  
School of Magic: Alteration
Current Extent of Ability: When the dragon gate opened 130 years ago, Ingrid was among the many who were afflicted with the tide. She saw it as a gift, not a curse and something she could use to her great advantage. Because she was one of the first, there was no one about to teach her, instead she put a lot of time and effort into training herself. Over the next hundred and thirty odd years of her life she would master the art of alteration magic.
  • ILLUSION - Mastered - highest level spells
    Ingrid uses illustions to her great advantage. As a spy, thief, and all around gatherer of information, she has used illusion magic to her great advantage.
    • Minor spells - effect only one or two of the sense or effecting only a small area (e.i. changing a face or a specific feature of a person or thing)
      --may last up to 30 min; may be preformed up to 5 times a day (for 30 minute casting each, or a number of times equal to a total of 150 minutes
    • Moderate spells - invisibility of self or target no lager than 5ft square (may last up to 10 min and be cast only once a day [10 min] or a number of times equaling a total of 10 min)
    • Major - illusions that effect 3 or more of the senses at a time (may last up to 10 min, may be cast once daily, or a number of times up to a total of 10 min)
  • Negative effects: Besides exhaustion, per the magic handbook, Ingrid suppers migraines and sometimes nose bleeds if she overuses her magic.

~*~Fortune~*~
Where are you? Candle of evening, mistress of games, the stone is lifted. Horns of heaven, helper of travelers, your path is sure. Casks of fortune, caller of tides, walk with us. Keeper of the cup and the rings, you are free.

~*~Joy~*~
The living moment is the place of joy: fleeting shadow’s promise, lightening flash, bursting bud, flowering fragrance, raven’s brief delight, hall of fieasting, glad laughter, and the closed door of memory.

• Character Appearance •  
Complexion: – fair, sunburns easily
Height: – 5’10”
Build: – slender, but well-muscled
Eye Color: – brown
Hair Color: – dirty blonde
Distinguishing Features: – n/a
Play-By: – pintrist model
Description: – Ingrid is just above average height. She is stronger than she looks, and by far older than she appears to the eyes of men. Though, knowing she’s an Elf, the fact that she appears to have some age to her, is telling of how old she might truly be.

~*~Wealth~*~
I am the keys and rings, Elfland’s leaves, a hard bright lie, companion of bones, child of luxury, and bone on the pyre. I am the gift you cannot keep, but bringer of good fortune when given away.
~*~Thorn~*~
We are children of the briar, uninvited guests, the knots untied, bright cords cut. We cannot be forgotten, will not fall away, but wait in stillness at the heart of the hedge.

• Character Personality •  
Ingrid is changing like the tides. She can be as quick to anger as laughed. She can be quiet and calm, like a still glass of water or she can rage like the storm. At heart, Ingrid is a wanderer, a traveler. Though she is content to stay ever at Hera’s side, it is unlikely she will ever be very content to stay in one place long. The ocean calls to her, like the voice of wanderlust.

~*~Companionship~*~
When you dream of the well, or the world turned upside down, or the dust behind the door, or hear you a name when no one can be seen, seek the mirror bwlow the earth, where realm meets realm and you will find me waiting.

~*~Inspiration~*~
Fire of inspiration, canticle of craft, light of poets, friend of fools, child of cauldron, crown of insight, daughter of skill, spark of utterance, breath of genius, awen of wonder: Awaken and lend me your light.

• Character Background •  

~*~Loss~*~
What the flood tide fives as gift, the ebb shall carry from your grasp. I do not sing in honeyed songs. My hair is grey with age. It is no hardship to live below the ground.

Ingrid’s mother died in child birth. Her father, blaming his child for the death of his wife becomes a harsh, cold, and withdrawn man. At 4 years old, Ingrid’s father dies in an accident, trampled by a horse in the city’s streets. In the weeks following Ingrid becomes an orphan and is forced out onto the streets to fend for herself.

Life is hard. Ingred begs, steals, hides, and fights to survive.

At five years old Ingrid meets a mysterious benefactor he feed, educates, housed, and otherwise provided for her. He also used her for his own purposes, however she wouldn’t come to realize that until she was older. At this young age and, having never known much in the way of kindness or love, she takes to the man quickly and looks up to him as one might a father. He came and went as he pleased. As she gets older, more loyal, and more skilled he begins to use her to gather information and to set up and manipulate others.

This is dangerous work.

By the time she is twenty-five, Ingrid begins to realize she is being used by her benefactor and reaping few of the rewards of her work. One night she leaves him never to return. During the years that follow Ingrid travels a lot, a thief and a rogue for hire. She travels across the low lands, threw Marudra, across Rugnos. When in Rugnos she spent nearly ten years as a spy for some of the scheming nobles. She already possessed the skills that made a spy a valuable asset and found that they were well complemented by those of a thief. When she later moved onto Sauria she keep to plying these skills, for information she had come to know was more valuable than any blade, or even gold.

~*~Years~*~
Her mantel is bright in the land of morning, an arch of home for the rising year. When dark earth holds her, les no sadness attend the wake, only the song of winter and the whisper of seed saying all the land is alive.

2471: Ingrid is 63 when she meets Hera in Sauria.
2471-2476: Ingrid lives with Hera in Sauria, but leaves suddenly one night leaving no trace of herself behind except a note that says “I think I might love you, but the sea is calling to me.”
2476-2486 Ingrid spens 100 years looking for Hara.
2476: Ingred and Hara finally find one another.
2576-2626: Ingred and Hara live together 50 years in Sauria.
2626: Ingrid and Hara leave Sauria during the opening of the Dragon Gate.
2626-2646: Ingrid and Hara travle around Rugnos for 20 years.
2646: Ingrid gets homesick, and she and Hara go to Borys and live there 109 years.

~*~Emergence~*~
Asleep beneath the bark of evening, you are young again. Wake a new within the brightening air, Messenger of Morning. Rise and cast off your coat of stars.

Ingrid has lived an apparently quiet, domestic life with Hera for the last 109 years in Sunderfell, Borys. When the moved there, Ingrid took up work as a fishermen. For all those years she has been at peace, and content to come home to Hera every night, to spend her free time with her, and to simply be. However, she has become restless in recent months. Ingrid feels the sea calling to her again. The itch to travel is once again upon her.

~*~Memory~*~
I place my foot upon the hollows of home and remember the girl who took back her name, a fool who found the cup, women who watch the wells, strong sisters striding from the ruins. All the folk of Tur-fast stone, their rising names in winter tails retold, are giants in the making.

~*~Prophecy~*~
Here is vision and voice, a pale hand raises in warning, an empty seat in the high hall, absence of the old ways, blind eyes threw the silent shroud. Shall I speak more? Grow silent? Sink down? Nothing frees us from fate.

• Out of Character •  
Player: Marjorie

Rye
 • Staff Member

declined
Exalted

• Player: Organizer

Re: Ingrid Toutain

» by Rye » 10th May 2018, 2:49 am

CHARACTER APPROVED

Return to Approved Characters