Site Rating
[event] Happy Memorial Day!

Forum Index Open Chatbox Achievements Member List Search Tur

Are you new to Tur? Help us improve!

This forum is guest-friendly. Have any questions? Not sure about something? You can post here if you need assistance and someone will respond as soon as they are able.

Naomi
 • Staff Member

Gang Nams Style
Conqueror

• Player: Organizer

Re: Are you new to Tur? Help us improve!

» by Naomi » 17th Oct 2015, 7:10 pm

But less persistence is likely to lead to the same result. The reason that some pieces of lore and characters will take longer is likely because they're more complex, or that there's some element that the staff team needs to think carefully about. Talking more directly with staff will likely bear more fruit, like in the case of characters that haven't been accepted in 1 week - 2 weeks, all of whom have quite extensive magical abilities, which is why they're most likely taking longer than others.
TECH MOD
DUST & SHADOWS . THE SYLLA

Vigils
 • Staff Member

see you in hel
Exalted

» by Vigils » 17th Oct 2015, 7:12 pm

Both Naomi and Raphael have good points. As both a character and lore mod, I can take responsibility for the slack in approvals recently, but I can also say that I'd much prefer pending apps to be bumped, preferably with an @Eleanor so that I remember to do them. It doesn't hurt to remind mods every now and then if the wait is substantial, as people do forget things. Thank you for raising this concern, it has been noted!
V A E X - V U R - V A L I G N A T

Raphael
 • OOC Account

Savant

» by Raphael » 17th Oct 2015, 7:16 pm

Thank you, Eleanor. I appreciate it. :)

"LET US ALWAYS MEET EACH OTHER WITH A SMILE, FOR THE SMILE IS THE BEGINNING OF LOVE."

Xiga
 • OOC Account - Inactive

Overlord

» by Xiga » 17th Oct 2015, 7:29 pm

People should also make double sure to bump or un WIP threads once they are done editing the initial lore piece, and if it's open lore that you want to be reviewed and hasnt been bumpet yet, feel free to bump it :"3
C'est la vie

Rohan
 • Staff Member

BEARS, BEETS, BSG
Overseer

» by Rohan » 18th Oct 2015, 11:21 am

We definitely don't mind bumps.

Also, reminder to myself and the staff we need to clean out the #AdminPlz and #ModPlz queues so people could use them for whatever they need, too.

Eva
 • OOC Account - Inactive

Adventurer

» by Eva » 14th Jan 2016, 5:43 pm

[*] The Getting Started on Tur link in the Community Rules thread, gives me an error message "Information: This page is hidden, only moderators and administrators can see it. You can enable it in the ACP." And I do not know what an ACP is.
[*] Is there an explanation as to why the Mod CP button doesn't show up on every page?
[*]Eva's Avatar Gallery[*]
Please take them... I can't stop making them...
Also I take requests! I can draw on racial body parts (horns, ears etc), Erodian runes, whatever you want within reason!

marzi
 • OOC Account

Conqueror

» by marzi » 7th Jan 2017, 1:26 pm

Newbie here.

I still have zero idea how to get to the IC forums that show the different regions of Tur, and have only located them through following links people have posted in threads through the wolrd plot events/asking for rps, then backing through the categories listed after 'portal'.

Maybe a 'stepping into the world' link/guide at the end of the newbie guide or character creation guide?

ETA- someone pointed out to me that I just need to click the 'forum index' at the page top. My eyes have trained themselves to ignore tiny text like that, so I still feel like there should be some other way to show/get to the full forum layout.

I also felt the newbie guide should provide more information about accounts, or maybe be worded a bit differently? 'Create an ooc account' was something that made me hesitate at first, because I wasn't sure if that was something I needed to specify when I was putting in my information. Maybe just something like 'the first account you will make will become your ooc account, after you post in the character organizer'. As well as perhaps a mention that you will have to create new accounts per character, but can use the same e-mail. A note that you can create as many characters as you feel you can handle would also be good.

As far as character creation/lore went, I had a few questions that were not answered in the guide. Mainly the lore/site's stance on half-breed characters. What species can mix, whether or not they were playable races, etc. In the quick link provided in the character app template post, I believe the Uk'Ura races are just given a general overview, and the link to the more specific lore on the different sub-species was not provided. If it is included in that post and I just missed it, I would request it get made more prominent.

In the faq thread, it would also be useful to have discord mentioned as a resource for people looking for quick answers (with a hint to go into the helpdesk category). I have gotten most of my help from players/mods on there, and only decided to go there after seeing players talking about it in the cbox as a better resource than the cbox, which is considerably more visible.

That the faq link is just a portal to a bunch of threads and not an individual post can also be a little overwhelming.
If you ping me, remember everything is in lowercase. If you capitalize the 'm' I will not receive your notification!

Ithisskk

» by Ithisskk » 10th Oct 2017, 3:32 pm

All of the lore is lovely and very in-depth, but it is hard to find. I've found it takes a while to find the information I need sometimes. For instance, trying to find what settlements are in a Kingdom and their location is almost impossible. Also, the land boards don't have descriptions. It would be very helpful to have the landscape described and to understand the general location of things.

Another thing is that a lot of information relating to the same subject is scattered about. The races for instance. It would be very nice to have links to the extended lore in the Races of Tur page. Navigating through the information is somewhat stressful at times.

If there was a list detailing what wildlife is the area that would be helpful, as well, but is not important. I believe members are allowed to write lore and such so I could do this if it's something people want!

It might be nice to have a table at the top of land boards with links to information on the settlements and such in the area. For a newbie it's hard to get a grasp on.

A button in the Nav Bar to bring you to the index would be very helpful also, and maybe a small button off to the side of the forum that brings you back to the top of the page when clicked.

Ithisskk

» by Ithisskk » 10th Oct 2017, 5:17 pm

Also I'm very wary about how much uncredited and non-stock art is used to depict the characters here... It's theft to use people's artwork without their permission.

« Previous Page Display posts from previous: and sort by

Return to Help Desk