Site Rating
[event] Happy Memorial Day!

Forum Index Open Chatbox Achievements Member List Search Tur

Frostfell

Player and staff submissions that are either old lore from older versions of Tur or no longer relevant are archived in this forum. WIP stubs may be posted here - please do not post WIP stubs in the other lore forums.

Stark
 • OOC Account

Overlord

• Player: Organizer

Frostfell

» by Stark » 22nd Nov 2017, 7:32 pm

F R O S T F E L L

D E S C R I P T I O N

Frostfell sits at the edge of the uninhabitable area of the Frostcaps. It's tall castle walls and frost blanked trees make for a winter wonderland. The area is almost constantly submerged under snow, but only gets bad during the winter months. The winters are infinite, but the sun still seems to shine brightly on the people that once lived there. With the heir to the tribe returning, word has spread to the local Valari, and they have begun to flock back, returning to a beautiful snow-kissed land.

B A S I C I N F O R M A T I O N
Holdings: Frostcaps of Borys, Solitania, just south of the uninhabitable land
Population: Small - After the rebellion, everyone fled from Frostfell, but with word of the heir to the tribe returning, the population is slowly increasing. Mostly Valari inhabit Frostfell, however, they do not turn any race away. There have been Orcs, Dwarves and even humans that travel and stayed for long periods of time.
Religion: Taneth, however no religion is preferred over another across Frostfell
Trade: With so much snow fall, it is difficult to grow many crops in Frostfell or the Frostcaps in general. As such, most trade involves meat and fish. There are unknown substances that line the uninhabitable parts of the Frostcaps, but it is ill-advised to mine there.
Defenses: As Frostfell sits in the farthest north part of Borys within the mountain range of almost constant snow, mother nature is its biggest defense. Along with that, the large castle that still stands is surrounded by a thick wall, and a single entrance in and out into the main portion of the village.

P O L I T I C S
Frostfell is very independent, however has allied with others in the past. Since the rebellion, there has been no loyalty to anyone. This will change when the heir returns to Frostfell.

P L A C E S / P E O P L E O F I M P O R T A N C E
Warden of Frostfell: Tarukaja Βουνό
Heir to Frostfell: Marzia Winter - Currently traveling back to Frostfell.

Noteworthy Places and Thingsshow spoiler

Frostfell is constantly covered in snow, and at night it is possible to see a beautiful aurora borealis. This is something that happens almost every night, as long as the sky isn't shrouded in clouds.

When approaching Frostfell from the South, one is greeted by a rock formation that splits, a road coming between it. The front gates await the climb, but the view from its peak is beautiful.

Rumor has it that one of the far east mountains is actually an inactive volcano, which causes the snow to melt into warm water and heat up the springs below. This phenomenon created the only hot springs in Frostfell. The long, private stream stretches on for a quarter of a mile, and boasts a couple scattered natural water holes. Caves and other rock formations also host this natural hot spring, and it's a beautiful place to be. Just be warned getting out, it's still cold.

Very little greenery can be found in Frostfell, however, a small patch of trees off to the left of the castle can be found. Here it appears that no snow touches these handful of trees, bushes and wild thorn ridden roses. Some say it is a cursed piece of land, cursed to pull you in with beauty.

O U T - O F - C H A R A C T E R
Please see link for the history of the Winter Tribe and Frostfell.
Last edited by Stark on 14th Jun 2018, 12:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

Bees
 • Staff Member

Savant

Re: Frostfell - WiP

» by Bees » 21st Feb 2018, 12:28 am

@Stark

Is this still a WIP? Please let me know how it's coming along!

Stark
 • OOC Account

Overlord

Re: Frostfell

» by Stark » 14th Jun 2018, 12:02 am

Hey!

So I believe that this is done. I may add more geographical pictures and places (within Frostfell) later. Nothing that would change the area or anything substantial to the land. If anything is needed please let me know, I have no problem adding more. I just want to force writing something and its not necessary haha.

Return to Old & WIP Submissions