Site Rating
[event] Happy Memorial Day!

Forum Index Open Chatbox Achievements Member List Search Tur

[Event] Forced March [O, see OOC] [Null]

Threads that have their events reversed are kept here.
User avatar

Venetia Sharion
 • Elenroquen

Level 3
Race
High Elf
Sex
Female
Alignment
L/N
Religion
Elder Gods
Tidetouched 
 Magemarked

 • Posts: 156
 • Joined: 10th Jun 2015
 • Info: Character Profile
 • Player: Marjorie

[Event] Forced March [O, see OOC] [Null]

» by Venetia Sharion » 9th Jul 2017, 12:51 pm

House rules:
  • I am only accepting 4 1 uk’uran forces players and 3 1 Rugnosanti forces players total. More people may join at any time until this number is reached.
    -1 uk'ura RESERVED for Spartan; 1 uk'ura RESERVED for Kokuou;1 uk'ura RESERVED for Whisper; 1 Rugnos RESERVED for Lucy; 1 Rugnos RESERVED for Regtrat
  • Those with Rugnosanti forces may reply directly, those who wish to play Uk’uran players should IM me on Discord or PM me on tur (I am Marjorie in both places) that way I can give you some information not apparent in the initial post. :)
  • Link for dice rolls is HERE. We don’t need rolls for every action, but each character should do at least one roll for something during the thread, you may do more if you like.
  • There is no set posting Order, but Venetia will post at the start of every round and you should only post once within each round.
  • After enough people have joined and I start round 2 of posting, I would like every one to post at least once every 2 weeks from Venetia’s last post. If you don’t post within two weeks of the start of a new round then you may be skipped.
Last edited by Venetia Sharion on 22nd Jul 2017, 11:03 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Image
agar ar'naur
"To quit is to surrender; to give up is to fail."
Back to Top

User avatar

Venetia Sharion
 • Elenroquen

Level 3
Race
High Elf
Sex
Female
Alignment
L/N
Religion
Elder Gods
Tidetouched 
 Magemarked

 • Posts: 156
 • Joined: 10th Jun 2015
 • Info: Character Profile
 • Player: Marjorie

Re: Forced March [O, see OOC]

» by Venetia Sharion » 9th Jul 2017, 12:53 pm

Venetia was at the head of the column. They were marching out of Kalguru to a forward position in Old Rugnos. Their destination was the ruins of an old keep that they were supposed to man and refortify as best as could be done. To that end, besides soldiers, there were masons and carpenters marching with them. There were also carts and wagons full of supplies being hauled by horses. Recent intelligence suggested there were no known uk’bagi forces in the area around the old keep itself, though raiding parties had been spotted in the vicinity of the road on occasion, but not recently.

The main body of people trudging through the forest, including the noncombatants, were marching down the ruins of a road, that had been somewhat taken back by the forest. In the outlying areas around the ruined road, and forced the navigate the thick foliage and large trees, were several smaller groups of soldiers – some of them were quite a ways away from the main group. These forces were tasked with scouting, and making sure they were not caught unaware by an uk’uran raiding party. The furthest of these, was a small group of three soldiers a few hundred feet ahead of the main group.

The road that the Rugnosanti forces walked down was a twisting, winding one, and what was around the bend was hard to tell, and it was not much better going than the forest floor. Roots jutted up threw the stone, where the cobbles still existed, and in other places there was nothing more than travel warn, and slick mud. The only real advantage to the road was that there were no trees in their way, though in some places the ferns and other smaller plants had reclaimed parts of the road. Venetia didn’t like this – they were too exposed, and to hemmed in here on the road, and she was sure out there, somewhere, were uk’uran war parties waiting to pounce.
Image
agar ar'naur
"To quit is to surrender; to give up is to fail."
Back to Top

User avatar

Red the Chronicler
 • Bard

Level 1
Race
Valari
Sex
Male
Alignment
C/G
Religion
Elder Gods
Taintless

 • Posts: 94
 • Joined: 7th Jul 2017
 • Info: Character Profile
 • Player: Whisper on the Wind

Re: Forced March [O, see OOC]

» by Red the Chronicler » 9th Jul 2017, 8:51 pm

"You and me? We're in this together, friend," said Red, amicable as always, to the companion to his left.

It'd been some days on the road, if you could call it a road. The bard was used to walking and had seen his share of terrible roads, but this one was something special. The load on his back didn't help, nor the lackluster sleep he'd gotten since they'd started this venture.

"Not so different at all," he continued. "Both brought here by fates out of our control and against our will. Burdened with other peoples' things. Forced to walk for days on end with nary a break in 'tween."

A man behind him groaned, "You're talking to a donkey, man."

Red considered the fellow laborer he'd been speaking to. One big brown eye stared back at him. The bard shrugged and replied, "Doesn't change the truth of what I've been saying, and he's about as good of company as you are."

A few other men laughed, but not the one he'd been speaking to. "Oh, is that so?"

"Sure," he said, making sure he was just a few steps out of kicking range. "You both talk about as much and neither are the sort I'd want to be downwind of."

More laughter. The kick came and fell short, as planned. "I'm going to-"

"What?" Red turned, broad grin spread across his face. "Attack me? Why, I was just minding my own business, talking to my good friend here, and you had to get all worked up about it. I'm not sure our fearless leader would appreciate that sort of insubordination."

"Insubordi-what?"

"It's a fancy way of saying you're bad at following orders."

"Oh," said the man, thoughtful, trying the word out with his mouth. Rage returned once he got the hang of it. "I'll just have to do something she won't mind, then!"

Red nodded back, thoughtful. "That'd be best. Just keep a low profile. The figures I've seen moving in the woods might see a man out of place as an opportunity to attack."

The man quieted at that, narrowing his eyes and keeping to himself for a while. Red spun on a heel and resumed his walk.

"I know, right?" he said to the donkey. "The nerve of some people. Now, where were we..."
Image
Back to Top


User avatar

Phoenix
 • OOC Account

Complete Dweeb
Conqueror

 • Posts: 290 • Medals: 4
 • Joined: 11th Sep 2016
 • Player: Organizer

Re: [Event] Forced March [O, see OOC] [Null]

» by Phoenix » 12th Sep 2017, 3:11 pm

THREAD NULLIFIED
Back to Top

Display posts from previous: and sort by

Return to Nullified Thread Archive

  •   • Who is online
    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests